Perfectly Matte Lipstick Review

My favorite part of being an Avon lady?

The Lipstick! I truly love the ability to have so much access lipstick to try, and try I have. Before recently moving I was able to fill an entire bathroom drawer with lipstick and glosses. I thought I had
my favorite lipstick pegged, our Avon Ultra Color Absolute in Coffee Creme. I have ran through several of these and have several back ups of this same color! I always try the newest lipstick, but keep running back to my old favorite, until now.

For anyone who is following fashion, Matte is really hot in the makeup world right now. Celebrities are sporting it and you can see several Ombre' looks utilizing a shading of colors. 

Here's a great article from Beauty Bean talking about how Matte is the newest trend.



Avon just released the Avon Perfectly Matte Lipstick. It's on sale right now for $5.99 and comes in 12 colors. I was quite surprised when I started trying samples and each color is truly different from the previous. Pictured to the right is all the options. My favorite are the Wild Cherry and for fun Adoring Love. I've always been a red, nude girl but decided to take a walk on the wild side with a hot pink and plum.
(I have lots of moods)





So, when my lipstick arrived (Wild Cherry), I had to take note of the packaging. It's shiny and smooth, has a locking function that keeps the lid on while it's in your purse. 









Another cool thing is the top of the lipstick is a clear window. This way when your mood changes and you need to change the color, your can see what your reaching for to apply.






Finally, the consistency is not what you would expect. Usually when I hear matte, I think thick and cakey, kind of similar to a grandma's lipstick. This is not your grandma's lipstick at all. The colors on my arm are Wild Cherry and Adoring Love. It's a very light formula, almost made me feel like I would need two coats after my first application. This is just due to the fact I am used to 'feeling' my lipstick. However, I only needed one swipe to apply as you can see with the color on my arm, it's very smooth and full of color. Yet on your lips, you feel nothing at all.





This is my application with one swipe on of Wild Cherry. It's very smooth and keeps in place. As an avid Diet Pepsi drinker, I am used to constantly wiping lipstick off my cans. Twenty minutes later, I forgot I had it on and reached to reapply realizing it looked great. In fact, this picture is AFTER drinking a soda for 20 minutes. After wearing for a few days, I can say I only had to reapply at the most twice on an ENTIRE day. Honestly, I expected this lipstick to dry me out, however it is the opposite. Almost like a protective layer, it's so light your lips look matte and trendy without drying out.










SO, would I recommend? For sure! This is probably the lightest and non-feathering formula Avon has come out with so far. You hardly feel it on your lips and it has an extralasting formula that does not dry out your lips. Even though I sell it, I try to steer all our clients to our best products. This is actually going to be replacing my Ultra Color Absolute Fave Lipstick.

To order for yourself, click any of the pictures above, or click the following link:

Comments

Popular Posts